Submission Guidelines for Farm Energy News.com
To have your company's news releases and other pertinent information considered for publication on FARM ENERGY NEWS.COM, please follow these basic guidelines:
- Send releases electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send releases in WORD DOCUMENT format (as an attachment) or as plain text in the body of your e-mail. Note: An attached WORD document is preferred, however.
- Include any applicable images as separate attachments in .JPG, .GIF or .PNG format.
- Please do not embed images in the e-mail message or in the attached WORD document.
- Note: Please try to keep your image submissions within 72 to 100 dpi or under 1.5 megapixels.
- Product releases should be about a new or enhanced product.
- News releases can include company news, acquisitions, application stories, new or enhanced services, literature items, catalogs, and white papers, etc.
- News & Product releases should include date of release, contact, and company information, as well as advertising/pr agency of record, if applicable.
- Please include name, business address, e-mail address, phone number and web site address for further product inquiries.
- All releases will include a link to your web site's main page, but Advertiser's releases will include an e-mail inquiry link, phone number and link to product specifiication sheet (if applicable) or product-specific site page (if available).
- All releases should be timely and industry related.
- Please do not send Zip files.
Note: We reserve the right to use our editorial discretion/judgement when publishing your product and news releases on this web site.
SUBMISSION SUGGESTIONS FOR FARM ENERGY NEWS.COM
- COMPANY / PERSONNEL NEWS
For consideration, please feel free to send us short news releases (with a digital photo) pertaining to pertinent company announcements and personnel changes, promotions, and professional recognition/achievements.
- NEW PRODUCT / SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS
News releases (with applicable digital photo) about new products as well as new or innovative or expanded services offered to the agricultural and forest industry are also welcome.
- SPECIAL MEETINGS / CONFERENCES
Announcements about upcoming international, national, state, regional and local meetings or conferences are also encouraged. Please allow as much lead time as possible before the actual event when sending us the annoucement(s) for consideration.
- RESEARCH PROJECTS
We're especially interested in fundamental and/or applied research projects that may have on-farm applications, but we also highly encourage you to submit news releases about on-going research relating to renewable energy, energy management and the bio-based economy movement.
TIPS ON SENDING IMAGES AS ATTACHMENTS VIA E-MAIL
No matter which method you use to send your photos, follow these simple guidelines for best results.
- SEND SMALL FILES
If files are too large, the recipient's e-mail program may not accept them, or it may take a long time for the photos to download. Files under 500k are best. If you're not sure how big your images are, you can view the file size within the e-mail program after you've attached them to an e-mail. You can also check file sizes by right-clicking on an image file on your PC, then choosing Properties from the menu.
- USE JPEG FORMAT
JPEG is a universal image format that reduces your photo file sizes for easy electronic sending. When you download your photos from your HP camera into HP Photosmart Premier or HP Photosmart Essential they are in JPEG format already.
- LIMIT YOUR ATTACHMENTS
Your entire e-mail should have no more than 1MB of files attached; that's two photos at 500k each. If you'd like to send more images, send them in several e-mails.